WNIT Public Television
WNIT Public Television seeks a dynamic marketing and communications professional to help develop increased awareness and viewership of WNIT television channels, website, magazine and other owned media. Position will help to instill a favorable community image of WNIT by devising methods and implementing strategies to promote the mission, vision and accomplishments of Michiana’s PBS Station. Position will take a leadership role in community events, outreach and all aspects of promoting the station. College degree preferred with 3-5 years experience producing television announcements, writing promotional materials and devising marketing and public relations plans. Strong communications skills in a variety of formats required. Microsoft office skills, ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines, great attention to detail, self-motivated and highly ambitious person is a must. Must be able to work in both a team environment and individually. Limited weekends and evenings required. Full description of qualifications and duties is below.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to WNIT Public Television, Attn: ADMCP Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE
Develop increased awareness and viewership of WNIT television channel(s), internet site, magazine, and other owned media; instill a favorable community image of the organization with the public by promoting the mission, vision, and accomplishments of the organization through publicity efforts; take a leadership role in engaging the community through events; maintain a strong liaison and working relationship with other local media outlets and PBS stations; and assist with the promotion and publicity of fundraising campaigns.
- In collaboration with the VP of Development and Marketing, create overall plans to achieve audience development and marketing goals.
- Create detailed media plans for specific initiatives, including sourcing and placement of media
- Produce on-air announcements promoting WNIT’s overall image, programs, and fundraising campaigns, coordinate with Production and Traffic departments.
- Write media releases, scripts, copy for brochures and other needed materials for various media.
- Collaborate with the Online Services staff to utilize digital collateral, including web site, e-newsletter, social media and other forms of digital communication.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Plan and direct development and communication of informational campaigns to maintain favorable community perceptions of the organization’s accomplishments and agenda.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, media, and public interest groups.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including viewing guide, magazine, newsletters and annual report.
- Plan and implement special projects such as exhibits and station events.
- Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill throughout the region.
- Promote and coordinate the use of the Community Room.
- Prepare periodic reports on activities
- Assist with other responsibilities when needed.
- College degree preferred
Skills and Experience:
Preferred college degree and 3-5 years experience producing television announcements, writing promotional materials and devising marketing and public relations plans. Visual Arts, oral and written communication skills in varied formats. Microsoft office skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines. High level of attention to detail. Self-motivated, highly ambitious. Ability to work in team collaborative environments and individually.
Classification: Full-time, Exempt