PBS Fort Wayne, providing high quality telecommunications services which enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve through educational, informational, cultural and entertaining programs and services, seeks a sales professional.
Reporting to the Corporate Development Manager, the ideal candidate for this position must have a passion for working in the media industry and be committed to PBS Fort Wayne production, programming, fundraising and sales development protocols.
With a career in sales at PBS Fort Wayne, you will have the opportunity to reach your maximum potential while directly impacting growth of the station and its clients. As a Corporate Development Account Executive your primary responsibility will be to generate new business and maintain existing underwriters through great customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess a true passion for developing new business and have the ability to persuade and influence others. This person will also exhibit excellent communication skills, consistent work ethic, and be achievement oriented and self-motivated.
- Meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Initiate sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, making presentations, understanding client business needs, developing proposals, and closing sales.
- Develop aggressive market strategies by monitoring competitive products, trends, and client reactions.
- Build diverse client portfolios by crafting strategic solutions around PBS Fort Wayne its unique products and services.
- Actively manage, service, and grow multiple accounts.
- Deliver consistent value and service that ensures the client considers you a strategic partner and enables PBS Fort Wayne to capture repeat and incremental business.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; candidates with Media, Marketing or Sales specialization will be preferred
- A strong client service outlook and the ability to represent PBS Fort Wayne with the highest degree of professionalism are essential
- A working knowledge of the Fort Wayne metro area
- Knowledge of PCs (Windows programs and spread sheet applications desirable) and standard office equipment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Seizes Opportunities
- Builds Rapport
- Demonstrates Flexibility/Resilience
- Develops and Maintains Relationships
- Persuades and Influences
- Achievement oriented and self-motivated,
- Possess leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Able to follow through on tasks
- Achievement oriented and self-motivated
- Be able to work with tight deadlines under pressure and meet sales targets.
- Good negotiation and convincing skills
- Should be confident and a good team player
- Must have excellent presentation and public speaking skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation shall be base pay plus commission with a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Managed time off
- Life & accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Short-term disability
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
WFWA (PBS Fort Wayne) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.
Candidates of interest will be contacted.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until this position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit application to:
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562