WFYI Public Media
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the essential functions and responsibilities listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Manage logistics, promotion, administrative and event needs with Economic Club of Indiana partnership with WFYI, including luncheon coordination, ticket sales, speaker support and volunteer management
- Work in collaborative digital team as brand ambassador on all social media platforms, implementing strategies that align with the overarching department and organizational goals
- Implement multi-platform marketing campaigns designed in partnership with internal and external collaborators
- Upload and ensure effective delivery of email marketing content
- Coordinate, schedule, and publish digital content
- Serve as project manager for WFYI’s collaborative social media team
- Work collaboratively with WFYI’s finance, content, and development teams to meet overall organization business objectives via in-person and digital engagement
- Value, contribute to, and sustain WFYI’s commitment to a culture of belonging that sees our culture’s history of power and privilege and seeks to balance that with the inclusion of many diverse experiences and perspectives
- Key Performance Metrics
- On-time execution of strategies
- Audience engagement rates
- Error-free content execution across all platforms
Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience unless otherwise noted below.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or English preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing experience, ideally within a nonprofit, agency, or media organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Good natured, ambitious and driven by the overall mission of WFYI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of project management, social media, and trends in digital marketing
- Proficiency with content management systems and email marketing platforms preferred
- Experience with design tools preferred, ideally Adobe Creative Suite or Canva preferred
- Can meet strict deadlines and work well with a range of collaborators
- Photography and/or video skills are a plus
- Flexibility to work occasional evening or weekend hours
- Willing to have fun on the job
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Good speaking and listening skills
- Must be able to lift, carry and position 25 pounds at times
How to Apply