WFYI Public Media
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to accurately, satisfactorily and timely perform the functions listed below. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
HR Administration and Compliance
- Assists in developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures; partners with management to communicate human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations; handles ongoing interpretation and tracking of policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing human resource goals, objectives, and systems; assists in evaluating and recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Assists with organizational budgeting and human resource department budget, budgets salary and wage expenses in collaboration with management.
- Coordinates responses to federal/state/local regulatory agencies (e.g., IWD, EEOC, DOL) when necessary, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Collects, prepares, and submits employee information to comply with specific government and grant-related reporting (e.g., EEOC, HIPAA, OSHA, EPA, ADA, FCC, CPB, IRS, etc.); partners with others in the organization as necessary to ensure all reporting needs are met.
- Administers the organization’s leave of absence programs; counsels employees of available leaves, eligibility, documentation, and benefits during leaves; processes leave paperwork and acquires the appropriate approvals.
Compensation and Benefits
- Administers the compensation program and makes recommendations as necessary to management; provides advice on pay decisions and increases; reviews for consistency in pay rates and makes recommendations as necessary regarding adjustments to maintain internal equity.
- Conducts and/or participates in annual salary surveys, analyzes overall compensation strategies, and revises as necessary.
- Processes employee promotions, pay increases, and/or other pay-related changes subject to appropriate approvals; notifies employees of any changes in pay.
- Coordinates and oversees the employee benefit/health program and vendor contracts as necessary; provides advice on benefits decisions and changes, handles benefits-related questions/complaints, and distributes annual benefits statements.
- Develops and maintains a process to communicate human resource financial changes including contractual vendor relationship revisions, employee adds/terminations/revisions in salaries or benefits, commission policy changes, etc. to the finance department.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date written job descriptions.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
- Identifies new methods to create efficiencies in delivering the HR function.
- Participates in the recreation and morale committee.
- Manages quarterly “all” staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field is required.
- Minimum of four years of HR generalist experience is required, with a strong emphasis on employee relations.
- SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP or PHR/SPHR designation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and grasp industry-related regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or government law.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and emotional issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with human resource policy creation.
- Experience with various HR systems, such as applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Strong knowledge of and advanced Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to effectively motivate employees.
HOW TO APPLY