WNIN Tri-State Public Media
We are seeking a determined, persuasive, skillful media sales professional to join our sales team at WNIN Tri State Public Media, Inc.
WNIN is a highly regarded community institution. With a mission of enriching lives and strengthening the community through the power of media, WNIN TV and FM engage the local, Tri-State community through partnerships, media placements and events.
In this outside sales position you will sell television and radio underwriting/production messages, digital media and, occasionally, corporate event partnerships/sponsorships. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or other local media. In this consultative sales role you will make cold-calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. In this position you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. You will manage an existing account list and also focus on developing new business while working as part of the stations’ development team to achieve personal and organization financial goals.
WNIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 2+ years media sales experience in broadcast and digital media is preferred.
- Passion for public media, in general, and specifically for what WNIN offers to the community. We are looking for a BIG fan! Knowledge about the programming is beneficial.
- Able to think strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals.
- Relationship building – establishing relationships face-to-face and virtually to achieve business relationships that are credible and trustworthy.
- Communication skills – thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills.Can you create credible and professional visual presentations and proposals?
- Market research – the ability to gather market data and use it appropriately to sell multiple platforms.
- New business development – can you secure new business by using a disciplined sales process?
- Time and resource management skills – prioritize effectively to achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- College degree in Marketing, Business or related field is preferred.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and capable of learning WNIN underwriting software program.
- Able to follow internal processes and guidelines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Manage a client list of current and lapsed underwriters, and develop an ongoing list of prospective clients, maintaining records of contact information, meeting notes, follow up plan, and renewal dates.
- Through research and communication with prospects and clients, create proposals for effective underwriting and sponsorship opportunities
- Write effective underwriting messages that follow the FCC and WNIN guidelines, and keep the viewer/listener experience in mind
- Enter contract information accurately to assure schedules air properly, announcements are read correctly, and clients are billed accurately.
- Represent WNIN at community and business events to develop and deepen relationships.
- Conduct business with integrity and in a way that is consistent with WNIN values.
WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc.
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Email resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: WNIN Media Sales Account Executive
Work Hours: Full-Time 8:30 – 5:00
Work Days: Mon-Fri, & as needed
Send résumé and cover letter.
Reference Job #0720 in cover letter.