The successful candidate will join WBAA’s award-winning newsroom, reporting on local stories that affect the citizens of West Central Indiana. We seek someone who is equally well-versed in crafting sound-rich feature stories and producing spot news for newscasts on tight deadlines. You will be part of an expanding newsroom that’s committed to quality-before-quantity journalism and differentiating WBAA’s reportage from local commercial outlets.
Requisition ID: 8839
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of work experience at a public media station as a reporter, writer, producer, editor or host
- Strong broadcast writing and reporting skills, strong commitment to journalistic ethics, attention to detail and knowledge of AP style
- Experience working in the digital space
- Experience writing, producing and editing long-form feature stories and spot news reporting
- Comfort and confidence as an interviewer and hosting public radio programs in an NPR style
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications
- Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement: Defined Contribution Waiting Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, go here.