- Identifies basic and complex videography projects for use in a variety of marketing and communications needs; sets timelines, determines desired video composition, performs necessary interviews and/or research, and selects and adjusts subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired artistic effects.
- Captures and edits video footage using various equipment and software including Adobe Creative Suite, adjusting to formatting specifications of marketing and communications project needs, audiences, and platforms; may delegate basic editing tasks to Videography Assistant(s).
- Regularly consults with marketing and communications staff and other key stakeholders to determine project needs and ensure video elements align with strategy and objectives.
- Maintains filming equipment, including editing lab equipment, lenses, lights, and cameras, inventory; performs basic and more complex equipment repairs.
- Seeks input from peers and stakeholders on a variety of videography projects to evaluate effectiveness of different aesthetics, lighting, images, etc.
- May provide guidance to Videography Assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, art, or a related field is required.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
This position will require traveling. This role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. This role frequently requires the ability to handle equipment. This role frequently requires the ability to remain stationary and ascend/descend ladders/stairs. This role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The role requires the ability to detect items in close proximity as well as far away; discern between colors; detect objects in peripheral space of self; discern items in detail; and to have good depth perception. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Job ID: 295547
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Visual Communications
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.