To apply for this job, go here.
The WTIU/WFIU Newsroom seeks a part-time videographer to join its converged news team!
- Shoots and edits video for broadcast in WTIU newscasts and for distribution online.
- As a multi-media journalist, works independently and covers events while fulfilling both the role of photographer and reporter. These assignments must be completed by deadline for radio, TV and online.
- Produces daily and feature-length stories for broadcast on WFIU / WTIU and distribution online.
- Attends story meetings and pitches story ideas.
- Edits and delivers (through non-linear editing systems) finished HD video projects ready for broadcast in daily and weekly newscasts and for the web. Edits news clips including voiceovers, soundbites and packages for daily broadcast and online distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree (or degree in progress) in journalism, telecommunication, or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in a broadcast and/or journalism field
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Possesses a valid driver’s license with the ability to be insured by Indiana University.
- Knowledge of and experience with broadcast quality video cameras, lighting kits, and simple audio packages
- Knowledge of and experience with Macintosh computers and Premiere non-linear editing systems
- Ability to function in a fast-paced 24/7/365 news environment
- Familiarity with public broadcasting. Experience with AVID editing software
Working Conditions / Demands
Moving items up to 30 pounds of equipment is required. Valid driver’s license is required as driving is required for the role. Hire must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.
This position will pay $12.50 per hour.
Shifts will be varied (equaling up to 20 hours per week) and hire must be available to work some evenings and weekends on short notice.
Part-time employees at Indiana University may not work over 29 hours per week across all University-held positions.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.