This position is a vital team member of IU-Radio/Television Services / WFIU Public Radio / WTIU Public TV, and the Production unit behind our award-winning productions. The Production Manager will execute pre-production project work order coordination (personnel and equipment resources scheduling), select production administrative functions, and work productions directly in show positions of technical manager and/or technical director (TD).
- Creates a variety of content for multiple media platforms, including radio, television, podcast, and online productions, that aligns with marketing goals and meets production standards and deadlines.
- Oversees the entire content production cycle: studies topics of content focus, selects relevant literature and performers, conducts interviews, writes scripts, and produces segments.
- Hosts live and produced on-air and online programming for regular and scheduled programs, ad hoc programs, and on-air and online fund drives.
- Consults with staff on content development and multi-platform production and delivery.
- Monitors and reports on digital industry trends to advance audience-building strategies.
- May manage social media content and activity; may offer guidance to temporary staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast media, journalism, liberal arts, music, or a related field.
- Some experience in a related field.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Job ID: 295817
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Broadcasting & Production
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
To apply for this position, go here.