The person in this position is a vital team member of WFIU Public Radio and WTIU Public TV, the public media stations behind indianapublicmedia.org
; our award-winning website uses an array of technologies including Hannon Hill / Cascade CMS (Indiana University), Brightspot / Grove CMS (NPR/PBS), Java, PHP, MySQL, Apache Velocity, and additional frameworks, APIs, and templating languages.
• Develops websites and web applications, including building and implementing back-end (APIs, databases) and front end (interfaces, web-based tools) solutions.
• Consults with stakeholders and/or web administrator to review existing websites/webpages; develops new functionality and/or codes web changes as needed.
• Documents website and web application development efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
• Tests website and web application performance and functionality; performs quality assurance checks and fixes bugs accordingly.
• Collaborates with design/creative teams and stakeholders to ensure optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security of websites and web applications.
• Adheres to university web development standards; researches and stays up-to-date on new industry web standards, emerging media technology, UX/UI design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
To learn more about this position, please see the following links:
For the general public:
For current Indiana University employees:
For all open positions at IU Radio/TV, please see this page: