To apply for this job, go here.
The selected candidate will act as the daily host of Morning Edition and/or elsewhere as assigned. This person wil create content for various media including audio, video, and web, produce programs both online and on-air, and carry out on-air promotional strategies set by the Program Director. This person will also assist with traffic and operational troubleshooting as required, and serve as chief liaison to Development for on-air fundraising.
- Serves as daily host
- Produces cross-platform content
- Assists Program Director with executing audience-building strategies
- Assists Program Director with day-to-day operational activities
- Coordinates with Development unit in creating on-air fundraising content
- Supervises WFIU station interns, volunteers, and hourly employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Creates a variety of content for multiple media platforms, including radio, television, podcast, and online productions, that aligns with marketing goals and meets production standards and deadlines.
- Oversees the entire content production cycle: studies topics of content focus, selects relevant literature and performers, conducts interviews, writes scripts, and produces segments.
- Hosts live and produced on-air and online programming for regular and scheduled programs, ad hoc programs, and on-air and online fund drives.
- Consults with staff on content development and multi-platform production and delivery.
- Monitors and reports on digital industry trends to advance audience-building strategies.
- May manage social media content and activity; may offer guidance to temporary staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast media, journalism, liberal arts, music, communications or related field
- Graduate degree in broadcast media, journalist, liberal arts, music, communication, or a related field.
- 1 year of broadcasting experience
- Experience reaching the diverse audiences that modern public media seeks
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Have a global perspective, with an inclusive and cross-cultural approach to expertly communicating with the daily audience
- Knowledge of traffic, music scheduling, and automation software is a strong plus
- Ability to have cultural awareness and facility with digital audio workstation software
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This position requires some physical activity when setting up for special events.
Ability to have good mental concentration for long periods of time and the ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, non-linear thinking, and intense concentration skills.
$40,000.08- $45,000.00 per year dependent upon experience and internal equity
Typical working hours: 5:30AM to 2:30pm with obligations at other times as assigned.
Work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends as required.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Broadcasting & Production
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.