The WVUT Multimedia News Reporter/Producer has a passion for storytelling through broadcast and online media practices to keep our listeners and viewers informed.
This is a full-time support staff position, with benefits, and a standard schedule of Monday through Friday 9am to 5:30pm, subject to change.
This position reports to the News Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule interviews with members of our community for human interest stories
- Attend civic meetings and other events of interest for news content
- Shoot video, including interviews, to accompany news and promotional content
- Record and edit audio interviews for use within radio news content
- Edit video and audio for news and promotional content
- Write news stories for radio, television and web
- Produce, gather and post content accurately and timely on our websites, mobile platforms and social media in support of our stations’ digital strategies
- Assist in production of our live daily 30 minute TV newscast and other productions as needed
- Communicate with newsroom, radio, and TV production staff, as well as students, on a daily basis
- Assist in instructing students involved in daily newsroom and production tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have strong knowledge of media software and video exporting & uploading to digital platforms
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, 16 paid holidays, tax-deferred retirement contributions, vacation, and sick leave. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following, in order, via email as one pdf document: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy applications materials may be mailed to: Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.