WVUT - Vincennes PBS
Vincennes University’s PBS affiliate station WVUT is looking for a Producer/Director with an excellent set of broadcasting skills to enhance our studio broadcasts and in-the-field video productions.
The WVUT Producer/Director has a passion for broadcast television with skillsets centered on videography, editing, producing and directing. This position will work closely with other production and station employees in a quick-paced environment working on daily deadlines.
This full-time, 12-month, non-tenured support staff position with benefits reports to the WVUT Production Manager. The standard schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce, direct, shoot and edit any programs assigned by the Production Manager for broadcast on WVUT or for other non-broadcast purposes, including, but not limited to: First City Focus, Sports Remotes, Political Forums and Debates, Newscasts, Newsbreaks, Special Programs and Public Service Forums
- Produce promotional and PSA announcements
- Serve as a production crew member on productions that others may be assigned to produce
- Monitor and operate Master Control
- Provide the public with weather information for both severe weather and closing and cancellations that may occur
- Provide training and supervision for students working on the television newscast, sports remotes, public affairs programs, political forums and other programs as part of their requirements for the broadcast program
- Critique student performances in any of the above mentioned productions
- Assist students with any pre-productions or post-production work that they have to do for any assigned project
- Assist students who encounter problems while using the production facilities for WVUT
- Provide security and accounting for all production equipment including signing out and checking in of location production equipment
- Other duties as deemed necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Broadcasting or related major
- 1-2 years’ experience in a broadcast setting
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Ability to back-time programs and on-air breaks
- Must be able to effectively communicate with students, staff and faculty, as well as members of the general public
- Due to the nature of station equipment, candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds with reaching overhead, bending and twisting
The candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU Application, cover letter, resume, production portfolio (online or via stored media) and contact information for three references to Vincennes University Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Vincennes, University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check. Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.